ITIL® 4 Foundation
ITIL 4 reflects the complexities of modern business technology, new ways of working, and emerging practices, and provides a guide to managing IT in the new service economy, while retaining many of the core elements that makes ITIL so valuable to individuals and organisations today. The ITIL 4 certification scheme is aligned with ITIL v3 and has been streamlined to provide clear paths for practitioners to continue their ITIL journey.
ITIL 4 launches with ITIL 4 Foundation 28 February 2019, with the higher levels due for release in the second half of 2019.
ITIL 4 Foundation enables candidates to look at IT Service Management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
The course is led by a qualified instructor, using lectures, discussions, exercises and mock examination in preparation for the multiple choice Peoplecert examination.
ITIL 4 Foundation equips candidates with:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
Who is ITIL 4 Foundation for:
ITIL 4 Foundation is suitable for individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization. The certification also applies to IT professionals who work within an organization that has adopted ITIL and so need to be aware of and contribute to the overall service improvement programme.
ITIL 4 continues to support the ITSM community while expanding to a wider range of professionals working in the digital world, guiding how IT interfaces with, and leads the wider business strategy.
To take the ITIL Foundation exam, no prerequisite is required.
ITIL Foundation exam format
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- 75 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.