ISO/IEC 27701:2019 Internal Auditor Training Course (Privacy Information Management System (PIMS)
ISO/IEC 27701:2019 is designed to help organizations better understand, manage and reduce their risks around personal information. ISO/IEC 27701:2019 is designed to specify requirements and provide guidance for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a PIMS in the form of an extension to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 for privacy management within the context of your organization.
Once an organization has implemented ISO/IEC 27701:2019, it is imperative that it measures the effectiveness of its implementation efforts to better understand what is working well and where things might be improved. The framework has been designed with flexibility in mind, which will enable organizations to respond to the results of their measuring efforts by making adjustments to their implementation.
By attending this one-day course, you’ll understand why measurement and analysis of the framework implementation is so important and what areas internal audit should focus on to ensure its effectiveness.
What are the benefits of ISO 27701:2019 Implementation course?
This course will help you to:
- Gaining a greater understanding of some of the key operational requirements of ISO 27701 (Clause 5) and how to go about assessing them
- Practicing your internal auditing skills by conducting four detailed process audits
- Understanding what areas of the standard should be audited, and techniques and approaches to consider
- Establishing an understanding of the issues organizations face when maintaining and auditing framework processes
- Interpreting some of the more subjective requirements of the standard
Who should attend?
The course is applicable to representatives from any size or type of organization who are currently involved in planning, implementing and maintaining a PIMS to the ISO/IEC 27701:2019 standard.
What will I learn?
- Recognize the key operational requirements of ISO/IEC 27701:2019 and how to go about assessing them
- Identify what and who should be audited and why
- Recall where to look for evidence when conducting audits
- Determine how to take a pragmatic business-focused approach to auditing your organization against requirements which can be open to interpretation
You will have the skills to:
- Conduct audits in all aspects of PIMS processes
- Conduct audits in all aspects of privacy control selection, implementation and effectiveness