ITIL is a widely accepted approach to IT Service Management (ITSM), which has been adopted by individuals and organizations across the world. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
The ITIL certification scheme provides a modular approach to the framework, and comprises a series of certifications focusing on different aspects of ITIL best practice.
These are the levels of certification within the scheme:
- ITIL® 4 FOUNDATION
The ITIL Foundation is the entry level qualification which offers a general awareness of the key elements, concepts, and terminology used in the ITIL Service Lifecycle, including the links between Lifecycle stages, the processes used, and their contribution to Service Management practices.
- ITIL® 4 Managing Professional
- ITIL® 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support – the engine room of the IT and digital function
- ITIL® 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value – ensuring services delight customers
- ITIL® 4 Specialist High-velocity IT – the future of IT and digital service delivery
- ITIL® 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve – bringing IT and digital strategies to life
- ITIL INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
ITIL Intermediate certifications consist of multiple modules, each with different focuses and paths that can be selected. Take as few, or as many, intermediate qualifications as required to suit needs. The ITIL Intermediate level courses are the most helpful parts of the helpful framework in helping organizations implement and see results from ITIL.ITIL Intermediate (Lifecycle Stream): Addresses aspects of ITIL from a holistic, lifecycle perspective. Lifecycle may be more suited to those with managerial responsibility looking at the overall IT Service Management picture. The Service Strategy course in particular is very much rooted in the broader corporate strategy and governance environment:
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Continual Service Improvement (2011 Edition)
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle Service Operations (2011 Edition)
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle: Service Design (2011 Edition)
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle: Service Strategy (2011 Edition)
- ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle: Service Transition (2011 Edition)
- ITIL® 4 FOUNDATION
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.